Terms and conditions.
- A minimum deposit of 25% of your total order cost is required to confirm your booking, with out this we can not hold your booking slot. The remaining balance will then be due (5 days before collection for celebration cakes & cupcakes) (1 month before delivery for Wedding orders). Failure to pay the final amount on time without prior agreement may result in your order being cancelled and your deposit will not be refunded.
Any changes to your order must be made (1 week before collection for celebration cakes) (3 weeks before delivery for wedding orders.
- Upon cancellation deposits are non-refundable (As items may have already been purchased and other orders turned away resulting in loss of business) A % of the deposit however, may be transferred to a later date or different order, at LilyRoseCakes discretion. If cancellation is made (5 days or less for celebration cakes) (14 days or less for wedding orders) You will be liable for the full amount and will be billed for the full amount, failure to pay will result in the matter being taken to small claims court. If for any reason the baker needs to cancel your order upon their decision, a full refund will be given.
- If collected it is the customers responsibility to ensure the safety of the cake to its required destination (Lily rose cakes will advise on the best way to do this) Cakes should only travel in the flat of a boot with nothing surrounding it.
Lily Rose cakes can not be held liable for any damage caused to the cake after it has left the premises.
- If fresh flowers are to be placed on the cake after delivery/collection, it is the responsibility of the customer and florist to determine flower safety and good food practices as some flowers may be toxic, and not the responsibility of Lily rose cakes.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to inform the cake decorator of any known allergies to any ingredients that may be used in the cakes. Cake ingredients or machinery may come into contact with nuts, milk and wheat products. Allergen information is provided with all orders and can be found on the customer contract handed to you upon collection/delivery.
- In the very unlikely event of a severe medical, natural or other emergency, it may be necessary to retain an alternative cake decorator. We will make every effort to secure a replacement decorator. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for your order.
- In the unlikely event that a cake is deemed as unsatisfactory when cut the customer must keep hold of the cake for inspection by the the cake decorator. If it is agreed that the cake is not fully baked or does not contain the correct flavours as stated on the initial form, a % of the total cost will be agreed and refunded. Without the cake to be inspected no refund can be given.
- Once a time to collect is agreed upon, the customer must arrive within 30 minutes of agreed collection time. We can not guarantee that we will be in past this time, unless time is rearranged no less than 24 hours before collection. If the customer is unable to keep to the time agreed, contact must be made via email, phone or social media to rearrange time.
- Delivery is charged 50p per mile travelled to delivery destination. Delivery within 5 miles of IV30, Roseisle is free of charge.
Delivery and set up is included in the total cost when quoted for wedding cakes. Any changes needed for delivery must be given no less than 24 hours before delivery, an extra charge will be made for changes made with less than 24 hours notice.
- Terms relating to covid.
If a booking is unable to go ahead at all because gatherings of any kind are not permitted on the day of customers booking, a full refund or movement of deposit will be given. (This is only in regards to not being able to hold the ceremony or party at all with zero guests allowed)
In the case of the wedding or party being able to go ahead but the customer chooses to postpone or cancel their celebration, deposit is non-refundable but can be moved to another date.
If a postponement is made and lilyRoseCakes is able to move to your new date, a moving fee of £50 may apply to those moving to a new date that is now more than 2 years after the original quote was given, to cover any increased prices and lost income from business having been turned away from original date.
If full payment has been made this can be fully moved or a % will be held for the deposit and the rest refunded. If any items have been purchased for the cake this will also be deducted from any refund.
If a cancellation is made with less than a months notice before the celebration date, full payment will still be owed to LilyRoseCakes. Upon postponing if LilyRoseCakes is unable to accommodate your new date, the deposit will still be non refundable but any payment over that may be refunded if inline with other terms and conditions.
LilyRoseCakes endeavours to help in every way possible and will work with you in making sure we can come up with a solution that will suit both parties.